The national speed limit for any vehicle passing a stationary school bus is 20km/h. The purpose of this competition is to raise awareness of this road rule.
The shocking statistics speak for themselves: In the 23 years since 1987, 23 children have been killed when crossing the road to or from school buses. A further 47 have been seriously injured and 92 have received minor injuries. By comparison, six children were killed while actually on a school bus.
For more information on Rural Women New Zealand’s campaign click here, or visit www.facebook.com/speedpastschoolbuses. If you would like someone from Rural Women New Zealand to visit your school to talk about school bus safety contact RWNZ national office.
3 x $50 gift cards.
• Please send all entries to: Rural Women NZ, Colouring Comp, PO Box 12-021, Thorndon, Wellington 6144.
• All entries will be displayed at www.facebook.com/speedpastschoolbuses.
• This competition is open to all children of primary school age.
• Adults are limited to verbal assistance only.
• Entries are limited to one per child.
• The final date for entries to be received will be 31 August 2012. Please ensure you send it in good time to arrive by this date.
• Winners will be contacted via email and phone no later than 14 September 2012. No response to prize notification within one week will forfeit the prize, which will be awarded to the contestant submitting the next best entry.
• All entries must be accompanied by the entry form.
• Judges will be appointed by Rural Women NZ.
• Entries will be judged on colouring creativity and originality.
Rural Women New Zealand is proudly supported by Whitcoulls
Categorised in: Uncategorized