You will have heard plenty of commentary in the media yesterday and today around Budget 2014, with some good news for families.
We’ve put together a snapshot of some of the key issues highlighted in the Budget. You can download that file here.
Some items that will be of interest to rural include:
- Higher subsidies for tuition fees for agriculture and science courses ($8.5 million for agriculture and $68 million for science)
- $96 million extra funding for home-based support services
- $8.9 million for rural general practices
- Extra $16 million for the repair and rebuild of rural housing
- Extra funding for irrigation schemes for Crown Irrigation; and
- $3 million for community-based freshwater improvement initiatives
Links to the full Budget document are included at the bottom of this downloadable document.
Categorised in: Uncategorized