NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards
The NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards will be held on the evening of Tuesday, 20 November 2018 in Wellington in the Banquet Hall at Parliament.
A review of the Enterprising Rural Women Awards has been completed by the RWNZ Board with feedback from members and participants, external advice, and the awards partners.
The awards have been renamed the NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards and NZI is the Premier Partner. The categories have been broadened, the application process has been updated and the judging criteria strengthened.
The NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards give an outstanding opportunity to showcase your business. The event attracts extensive media coverage and promotional opportunities. All winners will receive a membership of Rural Women New Zealand for one year. All category winners will each receive $1000 in prize money and a trophy, and the Supreme Winner will receive a further $1000 in prize money.
“Winning the Supreme Award was such an amazing result. I am proud of my achievements and honoured to be surrounded by such inspiring, talented and strong women,”
– Debra Cruickshank of Tannacrieff Wines, Supreme winner 2017.
The categories for the NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards 2018 are:
- Emerging business: Awarded to a business starting out in its journey and achieving exceptional results. Open to businesses that have been running from 2 � 5 years.
- Love of the Land: Harnessing the potential of New Zealand�s land, environment or products of the land, to create a successful business enterprise.
- Creative Arts: A business specialising in the creative arts working in a rural environment or using rural materials.
- Innovation: An enterprise that challenges the status quo to bring something new and innovative to the market or utilising rural resources in an innovative way.
- Rural Champion: A person or business who champions the rural sector or a rural enterprise � an outstanding contributor who goes above and beyond the normal in their support rural enterprise. Open to anybody.
A Supreme winner will be chosen from all category finalists, who has shown excellence and outstanding achievement across all entry criteria.
Please read the media release launching the NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards here:
If you are interested in supporting the awards as a category partner, please contact [email protected].