Baileys Chocolate Mousse in Easter Egg Bowls
Party balloons (not water balloons),
blown up to a small ‘bowl’ size
Baileys Chocolate Mousse
150g dark chocolate
2 tbs whipping cream
¾ C whipping cream
1 large egg, separated
2 tbs Baileys Original Irish Cream
Extra whipped cream, chocolate chips
or fresh raspberries to garnish
Instructions – Chocolate Bowls
– Melt chocolate in a bowl set up over a pan of simmering water. Allow to cool
slightly, then dip each balloon half way up into the chocolate.
– Set chocolate dipped balloons on a tray lined with baking paper and allow to
cool completely in the fridge.
Instructions – Baileys Chocolate Mousse
– Put 2 tbs of cream and chocolate in a clean metal bowl. Melt over a pan of
simmering water for a few minutes until smooth.
– Remove mixture from the stove to cool just slightly. Add the egg yolk to the
mixture while stirring until combined and smooth. Place the bowl over the
saucepan of hot water to keep the chocolate warm, but don’t turn the heat
– Whip the remaining cream until soft peaks form. Add half the chocolate
mixture to the whipped cream with a metal spoon and fold until just
combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate mixture, but be careful not to
overmix. Set aside.
– Use a clean electric mixer to beat the egg white until soft peaks form, then
fold it into the chocolate mousse mixture.
– Make sure mixture is completely cool, then spoon the mousse into the
chocolate bowls, refrigerate for two hours.
– Top with garnishes as desired!
Categorised in: Uncategorized