Rural Women New Zealand Summit
The annual Rural Women New Zealand Summit is a two-day event that encourages, celebrates and empowers rural women leading business initiatives. The Summit comprises the annual Rural Women New Zealand Business Session, RWNZ National Awards, the NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards and policy and business workshop sessions.
The 2019 Rural Women New Zealand Summit will be held in Wellington on Friday, 22 November and Saturday, 23 November.
RWNZ Summit Day One – Friday, 22 November, 10.00am to 4.00pm
Morning – Business and Social Media Workshops
The Session will be hosted by our Premier Partner, NZI, and commence at 10am. It will focus on business training skills and social media training.
- Venue: The Thorndon Hotel
- Registration from: 9am
- Workshop time: 10am – 1.30pm
- Includes: Morning Tea and Lunch (Buffet Style lunch at the Thorndon Hotel)
Afternoon – Portfolio and Policy Session and Workshops
This session will focus on reviewing and developing RWNZ public policy. There will be a review of the International, Business and Technology Portfolios followed by a choice of more intensive workshops on issues in our Education, Health and Environment Portfolios. The purpose of these workshops will be to produce a plenary statement of outcomes which will meet RWNZ strategic goals and inform the public policy work plan for the upcoming year.
“How are our rural schools?” is the title of the Education workshop. It will include an update on RWNZ’s participation in education reviews this year. We have invited a rural school representative to speak on the issues facing rural schools including access to resources and specialist services and health and safety issues. This workshop will also investigate the role of organisations in supporting our rural schools.
The title for the Health workshop is “Rural women and family wellbeing.” There will be a focus on mental health care with an analysis of the response to MBovis. The other main area for discussion will be access to rural health and support services, especially rural maternity services. We will hear from Region 1 Members on the Women’s Mobile Health Bus initiative and the access to care and time off the farm projects.
“Water, land and air” is the title of the Environment workshop. The session will look at how mitigation of environmental change be achieved in rural New Zealand and investigate the science and economics behind carbon emissions systems. We have an excellent guest speaker from MPI who will be able to demystify the language and uncertainty that surrounds this topic. We will also be reporting on the Freshwater Consultation process with a view to presenting practical, solutions based information.
Each workshop will report back to the plenary session and an outcome statement will be prepared. There will also be an opportunity to discuss existing and potential projects arising from the workshops.
Our last policy session for the day will be the Social Portfolio topic. RWNZ has been working in partnership with MPI in developing a new initiative called “Adopt an Aunty. Our Aunties welcome new families to their areas, they know the right people to get things done and they offer practical, pragmatic support and advice. They offer the pastoral care that underpins rural families and their communities.
Adopt an Auntie seeks to draw on the work done by attendees across the country and provide a framework as to how this may be extended and supported. A pilot programme is being run in Southland and we will review the outcomes of this. This workshop session will look towards ensuring that rural women and their families have Aunties into the future and that we develop the next generation of potential Aunties while we doing so.
These sessions will provide everyone the opportunity to learn new skills, network with other women and to have a voice on issues facing our rural communities.
- Venue: The Thorndon Hotel
- Time: 1.30 – 4.30pm
- Includes: Afternoon Tea
Evening – NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards
Following the day sessions, we will be holding the NZI Rural Women NZ Business Awards Dinner on Friday evening. This will be a fabulous opportunity to celebrate the excellence and enterprise of women in rural businesses and this year’s Award Winners. To read more information about our Winners please click here.
- Venue: The Banquet Hall, Parliament Buildings
- Registration from 5pm
- Evening programme: 5.15 – 9.30pm
- Includes: Canapes with a glass of wine, beer or non-alcohol refreshment on arrival; Dinner with a glass of wine, beer or non-alcohol refreshment
RWNZ Summit Day Two – Saturday, 23 November, 10.00am to 4.00pm
RWNZ Business Session
This will commence at 10am with the arrival of the Official party. Following the presentation of the RWNZ National Awards and the departure of the Official party, the RWNZ Business session will commence.
- Venue: The Grand Hall, Parliament Buildings
- Registration from: 9am
- Time: 10am – 3pm
- Includes: tea, coffee and juice on arrival; lunch; and afternoon tea at the conclusion of the RWNZ Business session.
Click here to read the Remits Guidelines
In order to register for all or part of the Summit, Members must submit their registration and pay the appropriate fee. Registrations close on Friday, 1 November.
Registration can be achieved by:
- Registering and paying online for the Summit by clicking here; or
- Completing and returning a printable Registration Form which can be downloaded here; or
- Completing and returning a Registration Form which will be included with the next Express Magazine.
Completed forms should be sent to:
- Post: RWNZ National Office, P O Box 12-021, Thorndon, Wellington 6144
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendees can choose to attend the whole Summit or individually select which Sessions in the Programme they wish to attend.
Summary of the Daily Registration Fees
Day One: Friday, 22 November Member Fee / Non Member Fee
- Morning Sessions (including lunch) $90 / $100
- Afternoon Sessions $50 / $60
- NZI Rural Women NZ Business Awards 2019 $120 / $120
Day Two: Saturday, 23 November
- RWNZ Business Session No Charge
Summary of Full Registration Fees
- Members $260
- Non-Members or Partners $280
Registration Fees can be paid:
- Online: by using a credit card (click here)
- Internet Banking: to RWNZ Account 06 0501 0778590 00 (Please use your full name as the reference)
- Cheque: payable to Rural Women New Zealand and mailed to National Office.
Should you have any questions or require further information about Summit 2019, please contact National Office.